Burn Permits logo

Town of Holden Burn Permits

Apply for your online permit today.

Department Logo or Badge

Don't forget to call!

Toll-free: 1-855-937-0555

Frequently Asked Questions

Who can obtain a burn permit?

Only residents living in the Town of Holden can obtain a permit. Permits are conditional and may be revoked at any time.

How do I obtain a burn permit?

Due to Covid-19, the Fire Department Administration Office is closed to the public. There are three ways to apply for a permit. 1. Apply online using this website, 2. Apply and pay for permit by calling Fire Administration at 508-210-5650 ext 0, and 3. Fill out application and pay for permit in the lobby of the Public Safety Building and leave in mailbox and call Fire Administration to let them know. Please know that it may take up to a day to receive and process the permits if dropped off in mailbox.

What can I burn?

You are only allowed to burn yard brush.

Do I need a permit?

If you want to have an open-air brush burn fire then yes, you need an approved permit.

I want to burn brush today, what do I do?

Once you have paid and have a valid permit, activate permit before 10:15am on the morning you want to burn calling 1-855-937-0555.

How long can I burn my yard brush?

The brush burn season in the Town of Holden begins January 15 and ends May 1. Residents can begin burning at 10:00am and fire must be fully extinguished by 4:00pm. The Fire Department will conduct spot checks.

What am I not allowed to burn?

You are not allowed to burn the following: trash, leaves, construction material, stumps, hay, grass, flammable materials, household & yard waste, petroleum products, milled lumber, weather treated or painted materials.